Installing an Optical Drive iFixit
2010-08-12 · I have a very complex setup, with 8 hard drives (including 1 ssd, 4 internal sata hard drives, 2 external usb sata hard drives, and 1 NAS ide hard drive), 2 ide optical drives, and 2 mmc drives. Sometimes, only the optical drive controller is affected, and sometimes one or more of my hard drive controllers changes mode. This article very clearly shows how to check and correct the problem... 2006-12-10 · The BIOS settings have been set so that SATA 0 is the drive to boot from (the true SATA drive). In the BIOS, the system is recognizing the other HDD's connected to SATA …
How to install a SATA DVD Writer Pioneer S18 DVD-RW Drive
2009-03-25 · I have an asus optical drive and a single 500 GB hard drive, both are SATA. My Mobo (XFX SLI 750i) has more than enough sata port for the rig, but is there any certain way i have to have them set up for it to run vista 64-bit? i.e. setting the HD up in a raid setting, or putting them in certain ports.... DVD writers are very useful for backing up your data. It is also very economical due to the cost of DVD media. Installing a DVD writer is a very simple process. If you have a retail drive it will come with mounting screws. The first thing you need to do is locate an empty drive bay. Take out the plastic or metal cover that is blocking the access to the bay. Depending on your ATX case, you can
setting up a DVD drive and HD on SATA Computer Q&A Board
If you don't have a free one you can use the included Molex to SATA converter like I did to get power to my drive. Once connected, go ahead and close back up … how to watch the principle free 2015-08-04 · I noticed that besides my DVD drive missing that my SSD was very slow like a slow hard drive. It was caused by the generic SATA controller driver Windows 10 installed for the AMD SATA Controller in my system. I had thought of this before and downloaded the latest chipset drivers from AMD but I didn't realize the installer didn't update the SATA controller driver. I had to do it manually in
How to set up SATA HD as slave to a ATA master? TechSpot
2015-08-04 · I noticed that besides my DVD drive missing that my SSD was very slow like a slow hard drive. It was caused by the generic SATA controller driver Windows 10 installed for the AMD SATA Controller in my system. I had thought of this before and downloaded the latest chipset drivers from AMD but I didn't realize the installer didn't update the SATA controller driver. I had to do it manually in how to update display driver win 10 Set the second CD/DVD drive jumper to Slave (use Cable Select if Cable Select was used on the first CD/DVD drive). Connect the drive using the Slave connector on the secondary IDE cable. Connect the drive using the Slave connector on the secondary IDE cable.
How long can it take?
SATA hard drive & IDE hard drive how to set up
- How do you set up Vista on a SATA drive? Vista Forums
- SATA IDE Adapter Bi-directional SATA to IDE - StarTech.com
- How to set up SATA HD as slave to a ATA master? TechSpot
- [How To] Connect Your IDE PATA HDD CD/DVD Drive to SATA
How To Set Up Sata Dvd Drive
2010-12-13 · Windows 7: How to speed up DVD Drive? 11 Dec 2010 #1: killer bee. windows7 Ultimate SP1 x32bit . 427 posts Checking Sata Drive Speed I have the sata drive installed but when trying to check for Sata 2 Speed I cannot find a way to verify I am getting the full 3 Gbit/s? I have used differant programs but none seem to give me a direct answer. Is there a way to verify the speed without
- If your PC with UEFI BIOS is unable to boot to DVD or CD, follow the instructions below to add the optical drive to the boot list. Applies to PCs with below specifications and settings: Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 PC with boot mode set to UEFI
- I recently got a samsung sp2504c sata hdd and added it to an optiplex gx620 computer. The computer also has a rw-dvd and an ide hard drive (both on cable select). The sata drive is showing up as the sata 2 drive in the bios (the 3rd sata drive) and diagnostic programs (seagate seatools) is showing
- 2008-01-21 · Decided I needed a new PC, so bought and assembled all new components and started to install Vista Business. The HDD is a 500GB SATA drive, the DVD/RW is...
- 2010-03-24 · SATA Hard Drive - How to Install and Setup Install Windows 7 with Sata Hard Drive and IDE DVD ROM Drive Hi, Is this possible? I have tried numerous times on my PC to install Windows 7 onto my Sata Drive to no avail. Yet as soon as I plug in my IDE HD it installs fine. I have unplugged all external peripherals USB and internal Card Reader. Set my Bios ok as it sees both the Hard Drive and