Breeding Mystery Snails Aqua-Fish.Net
2010-08-29 · I put the snail and the frog in my snail tank. I already have 3 other snails, 1 ivory, 1 blue, and 1 black mystery snail. Until it was about 11 pm the new snail didn't move, except it's little door opened a little for air. Then is started to come out of his shell, but it is so big that I think it couldn't figure out how to move around. I did put it in the tank with the door toward the bottom... To tell which gender of snail you have, pick up the snail and hold it so the trapdoor is facing upwards and the spiral point is downwards. When the snail comes out of the shell, look at the upper part of the left side close to the shell edge. If you see a longish protrusion coming out of the side, you have a male. Another way to tell (if your snails like some of mine refuse to come out when
how can you tell when a yellow mystery snail is pregnant
Mystery snail gender is not too important, since even a single snail can produce fertile eggs. The egg clutch is usually deposited above the water line on a horizontal …... I have two mysteries in my five gallon. One laid eggs, but I don't know if it's just a female laying eggs because she's fertile or if the other snail is a male and they actually had snaily sex and I …
Apple Snails Mating Ritual YouTube
2010-01-25 · Welcome to AquariaCentral.com. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. how to turn on iclicker+ How to Tell the Gender of A Mystery Snail. Find a comfortable spot with good lighting; Take your chosen mystery snail out of the water (don’t worry, they have a lung and can breathe air — this does not harm them at all as long as they aren’t kept out of the water for a long period of time).
How can we determine freshwater snail age? ResearchGate
2009-08-09 · Best Answer: Unlike many other kinds of snails, mystery or apple snails do have genders and you need a male and a female to have baby snails. The link posted by Matt will show you how to tell the gender of your snail. how to tell if you have a low nose bridge Apple Snail - picture by nanaglen2001 Most apple snails will play dead for the first few days in the aquaium until it has acclimatized. They have shell doors which the can close in the case of a drought which protects them from drying out.
How long can it take?
how could i tell if my mystery snail is female or male
- How Do You Tell A Mystery Snail Is Dying. Tropical Fish
- Apple snail FAQ
- Mystery Snails Part 4 Anatomy (What IS That?!)
- Burrowing Mystery Snail? Badman's Tropical Fish
How To Tell Sex Of Mystery Snail
The only thing we can know is whether he is young or adult, adults with "lip" at the opening of the shell. To know the exact age of a snail, biologists have a choice of two laboratory techniques.
- 2016-10-24 · Find out why Close. How to tell if your snail is dead andrewesquivel. Loading... Unsubscribe from andrewesquivel? Cancel Unsubscribe. Working... Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 15K. Loading
- 2009-10-20 · Best Answer: Golden mystery snails (also known as golden apple snails or Pomacea bridgesii) are NOT hermaphroditic, they have different sexes. I've had a difficult time sexing mine (I swear, it's been a female, and a male, back to female, and male …
- Whether your snail can get pregnant depends on whether she's hermaphroditic or gonochoristic. In hermaphrodite species each snail has both sets of sex organs, so two snails of this type can reproduce, or one hermaphrodite can mate with either a male or a female snail.
- The Gold Mystery Snail is one of about 120 species belonging to the Ampullariidae family. The Ampullariidae family name is also sometimes referred to as Pilidae . The most visible characteristic of snails belonging to the Pomacea genus is the siphon.