I will fully admit that I am a little OCD when it comes to keeping school records and paperwork. My OCD comes for two reasons. The first being that I want to keep clear records should I ever need to share them with anyone down the road. I don’t know about you, but every parent’s plate is full. Your days are filled with to do lists and when you add a job on top of that, which comes with its own set of to do lists sometimes, or in my case most of the time, your mind just is so happy to shut off at night that perhaps you don’t remember the key details of lessons, assignments, field trips, community service projects, etc. that you would like to.
The second reason I am OCD about record keeping is this… my family went down the road on our homeschooling journey to keep a tight family bond. To connect in a way that my husband and I working outside of the home might not allow us to. I want to look back and remember all of the memories, milestones, and good times that we have had over the years, well after the kids have grown and hopefully have families of their own.
The problem for me lies in the fact that well, like many of us, I do not have a lot, or any, spare time. Making record keeping easy, simple, and streamlined is key to using it long term. Enter the FREE Seesaw App! Let me tell you, this app is a L-I-F-E-S-A-V-E-R and that is putting it mildly. It is easy to set up. Easy to use. Plus, there are so many ways that my family uses this app on a daily basis in our homeschool that I really don’t want to remember all of the cameras, downloading, uploading, transferring files, etc. that I had done prior to finding this App. The App puts It is all in once simple spot.
What are some of the ways that this app helps me save time?
- Takes our learning journal to a new level, quickly and easily.
- The kids have the app on their cell phones and are able to enter their school achievements into the system for my review.
- Both my children and I can take pictures, videos, drawings, notes, or share links of videos/assignments/classes that the kids have taken or completed and save it all in the same spot for easy retrieval or review later on.
- The kids can leave audio on any picture they load in. This means they can put their own thoughts on what they have learned or how they completed a project. Connecting their work to a picture in this way means not only better record keeping; but also, more independent learning as they get older and can better communicate what they just completed.
- My husband and any other teacher, co-op parent, counselor, or specialists that is involved in your homeschooling journey can stay up to date, add notes, etc. at the touch of a button.
- It is available on iOS Devices, Android Devices, Chromebooks, and Computers with Chrome or Firefox free of cost.
And that is just the tip of the iceberg. I was not paid nor contacted by the company to review or share this App with all of you. I just wanted to pass along a product that has drastically improved our homeschool portfolios and record keeping PLUS put a personal touch in the hands of my pre-teens to showcase their projects and assignments that do not necessarily produce a tangible worksheets for record keeping purposes, but that they are also proud of.
*FYI — this is also the perfect addition to your record keeping if you have a hands-on learner.
Have you tried this App? How has it made a difference in your homeschool?
Clip art by: Little Red’s Clip Art
App screen shots from: Seesaw