I am so excited for my daughter to enter fourth grade this school year. Aside from the wee little ones in preschool and Kindergarten fourth grade is a huge milestone in our household because it tends to mean a little more responsibility and independent learning. Our daughter is certainly Miss Independence and has been since birth so handing over a lesson a day that she has to turn in at the end of the school week is something that she has been so excited about. She is such a high spirited and truly talented young lady!
Can you believe that it is already back to school time again? Every year I always receive emails from you all asking what materials I plan to use in our homeschool in the coming school year. I always try to plan out the materials to purchase in March/April/May so that I can have an overall game plan and budget set in place well before the school year starts. Then, over the next few months I work on detailed lesson planning (with most of the planning being done during the summer vacation by the middle of July) and purchasing materials so that I do not have to take a massive chunk right out of our resources one month; but rather, I can spread out the material purchases over several months. So we signed our family homeschool contract and I began the lesson planning process.
Now it’s time to let you all see the magical learning coming to our homeschool next year!
4th grade 2015-2016
- Multi-subject: Exploring Countries and Cultures (history, social studies, geography, art, music, science, vocabulary, etc.) PLUS lapbooks, unit studies, book studies, artist studies, activity packs, and more from my E.H.M. Member’s Only Website.
- Grammar: Language Lessons for Today: Grade 4
- Spelling: Spelling Power and Spelling Power Activity Task Cards
- Writing: Writing Strands Level 3
- Reading: BJU Press Reading 4 Subject Kit and Book Studies
- Math: Math Mammoth
- History: History Rocks! Curriculum Part 1 and Part 2 (one lesson a week and taking the lessons deeper in depth since the kids loved this curriculum so much the first time around.) and we are continuing our US President of the Week series.
- Geography: US State Study of the Week Weekly Series
- Science: Elementary Zoology and Human Body Curriculum (a new original curriculum I created that will be coming soon to the E.H.M. Member’s Only Website.)
- Typing: Typing Instructor
- Piano: Teach Yourself Piano Step by Step
- Foreign Language: Rosetta Stone Homeschool Spanish
- P.E.: Various Activities
- Miscellaneous: Brain Pop
Keep the magical learning fun going with my original curriculum available on my E.H.M. Member’s Only Website!
Make sure to also check out the Enchanted Homeschooling Mom book store when doing your book purchases for the new school year:
Make sure before the first day of school arrives to print and use my FREE Printable Back To School Signs for 2015-2016 to capture that first day of school excitement.
And before you head out on your homeschooling journey this school year grab my FREE 2015 – 2016 Homeschool ID Cards for Teachers and Students to save money all year long!
What are you and your children most looking forward to in the new school year?