When children learn to read it is important for them to hear the words as they read them. The first audio books they use are a great way to do this. Read-along books are a great way for them to practice their skills, but audio chapter books are also a great tool to use as your children get older. By hearing stories and getting immersed in them, they will hopefully want to either read the stories themselves, or at least read the next one.
Even reluctant readers can enjoy and develop a love of reading with a good audio book. If your reader has sensory issues then they can also benefit from audio books because they can help them with the stories, the presentation of the author’s ideas, and then hopefully help them develop their reading skills.
Themed junior novelization audio books are a great resource for you and your children because they match the style and format of the story and chapter books they are reading. So, why not let your child grab their personal CD player and their noise cancelling earmuff headphones and let them enjoy one of my Top 10 Disney Audio Book recommendations:
- Brave: The Junior Novelization
- Frozen: The Junior Novelization
- Big Hero 6: The Junior Novelization
- The Toy Story Collection: The Junior Novelizations
- Finding Nemo: The Junior Novelization
- The Monsters, Inc. Collection
- Tangled: The Junior Novelization
- Cinderella: The Junior Novelization
- Planes: Fire & Rescue (The Junior Novelization)
- Cars 2: The Junior Novelization
There are more audio books out there, but these are my Top 10 Disney Audio Books that even a reluctant reader should be able to enjoy and have fun with.
Do you have any audio book recommendations to share with everyone?