A few months ago we got the chance to try one of the most delicious ways to enjoy the yummy crunchy awesomeness of a brownie. Brownie brittle! It was on sale and I had a couple coupons that made it literally free. So why not grab a few bags and see what’s what? If we didn’t like it it didn’t cost us anything so we could always give it away or repurpose it to use in another dish.
But WOW. This stuff was so good. Like they’ve been asking me if I could buy some more ever since good. But since I’ve been cracking down on the budget and they haven’t had a sale match up with a coupon in awhile we haven’t had it in our house since. But man I have been craving it like crazy the last couple weeks.
I tried cake mix brownies a few weeks ago that were an epic fail. They sank in the middle and had a texture that just felt…gross. But I wondered if spreading it thin on a baking sheet and baking it until it was crunchy and delicious would change my mind on the epic failure of cake mix brownies. And it did! It really really did, y’all!
They went from blah to wow! And topping them with mint M&Ms was definitely a superb choice. Because mint and chocolate? Yes, please! I also tossed some white chocolate chips on top. The question is: why not why chocolate chips?
For more delicious dessert ideas check out these other great recipes from Cook. Craft. Love.!
- One box chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and combine cake mix, vegetable oil, milk, and egg and mix until completely incorporated. Batter will be very thick.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the batter out in a thin layer.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with M&Ms and white chocolate chips, pressing down slightly.
- Using a pizza cutter cut into shards and return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and serve