Have you ever wondered how I keep all of the fun resources I create and provide to the readers and members of Enchanted Homeschooling Mom organized? You can search the site with the easy to use search box on the upper right of the site, but there has to be an easy way, right? Well, there is an easy way to see what has been created: The Enchanted Homeschooling Mom Members Only Printables Catalog!
I have been working on providing printables to Enchanted Homeschooling Mom readers and members since the spring of 2011. This means I am coming up on 4 years of fun educational printables here on Enchanted Homeschooling Mom. I started out with a handful of printables with the intent to add more over time, which I have. If my memory (and records) serves me right, I believe that I start with roughly 50 printables and a few full curricula. Now I am proud to say that I have over 600+. I pride myself on quality over quantity, so each one ranges from a few pages to over a 500 in at least one of my curricula.
So, how do I keep them all organized? Well, at the suggestion of a member way back when, I created the E.H.M. Members Only Printables Catalog. This is a FREE document that you can find HERE. The catalog provides a detailed and organized table of contents of all the items on the website split into themed categories. Then, at the end of each month, I try to update the catalog with the new printables that I have created and replace the old catalog on the site. This way I can keep track of everything all in one place. Here are a few key features of the catalog:
- Categorized –All my printables are categorized so that users can easily find what they are looking for. This means if you are looking for a math pack you would look on the pages that are for math printables. If you are a member then you can simply log-in with your access information, click on the appropriate category banner, find the file you are looking for, and then download the target file. Voilá, you now have the printable you were looking for! If you are not a member, then you will need to either click the blog post link in the catalog to be taken to the article or you can use the search feature at the top of the site. But remember, if you are not an E.H.M. Member then you will only be able to download items I provide for free and not any that are on the E.H.M. Member’s Only section.
- New Items Highlighted – Each month I am adding printables to the collection. Then, when the catalog is updated, all the new items that have been included are highlighted. This way, if you are looking for something new, all that you have to do is flip through the catalog and pick out the highlighted items.
- Blog Posts – Almost all the printables in the catalog have been announced in a blog post. Each item in the table of contents also has a clickable link to the corresponding blog post for that item. This means if you are moving through the catalog and see an item you might like, then you can click over to the blog post and read more about it.
- Series Items – There are a few series that run weekly or monthly on the blog. These are the series like the US State Study of the Week Weekly Series, Pack Your Packs, and the Sing With Me Through the ABC’s Series. If you are not a member, then you can download one pack each week as they are announced, but if you are a member of the E.H.M. Member’s Only Website then you will have access to all the printables in the series and will not have to wait to get your new addition each week.
- Advance Copies – Here is a little secret from behind the curtain, I like to work as far in advance as I can. This means that when I complete a printable for release, whether it is a free item of a paid item, it could first appear on the member’s only site. If you are a member you can get that item immediately. These items stand out because the blog post entry in the catalog states ‘Coming Soon.’
- Age Range Guidelines – Each item in the catalog has an anticipated age range listed for it. Because all children learn at a different rate, I have included my best estimate for the appropriate age and school grade that could use it, but you know your child better than I do, so you will need to use your best judgment to get the most out of each printable.
As you can hopefully see, even though it is a simple catalog, the E.H.M. Members Only Printables Catalog is not only a tool for members of the site, but also a quick way to see what is available now and in the near future from Enchanted Homeschooling Mom.
All of my printable creations are available through my E.H.M. Member’s Only Website. What can I find at your members only website? You can expect printable curriculum, unit studies, activity packs, and more (there is a FREE catalog to flip through) for a $15.00 one-time lifetime fee! Perfect for teachers, homeschoolers, and parents looking for classroom and after school enrichment. Please click HERE to find out how you can join my Member’s Only Website and gain access to the 600+ items currently available and for those added in the future too!
How do you use the Members Only Printables Catalog?