My kids don’t consider themselves particularly “crafty”.
BUT…when you hand them a roll of duct tape they seem to have no trouble finding a 100+ uses for this very versatile product!
With the holidays approaching we decided it was time to take our duct tape project-making skills to the next level and make DIY duct tape gifts!
Along with our friends we have figured out how to make Duct Tape drink coasters, bookmarks, clutch (wallet), and flowers.
Duct Tape Drink Coasters
- Cardboard (a shipping box works well)
- Duct Tape
- Craft glue
- Cut the cardboard and felt into 3 ½ x 3 ½ inch squares.
- For each coaster you will need 1 cardboard square, 1 felt square, and 3 pieces of duct tape (each piece of tape should be about 5 ½ inches long).
- Place a piece of duct tape on the left side of the cardboard square. The tape should hang over the left edge of the cardboard about ½ inch.
- Place a piece of duct tape on the right side of the cardboard square. The tape should hang over the right edge of the cardboard about ½ inch.
- Place the 3rd piece of duct tape in the center of the cardboard (it should cover the remaining cardboard and overlap the other two pieces of tape.
- Turn the cardboard over and fold the tape over the 4 edges of the cardboard, pressing them firmly onto the back of the cardboard.
- Put craft glue onto one side of the felt square, then place the glue side of the felt on the back side of the cardboard (to cover where the tape is folded.
The coaster is complete! The drink should be placed on the duct tape side of the coaster and the felt will protect your table.
Duct Tape Bookmarks
We have created several different types of duct tape bookmarks. Find our complete instructions here.
Duct Tape Clutch
My friend Megan and her girls have been busy making gifts with duct tape too!
Check out the cool clutch they created.
Duct Tape Flowers
Our friends have also created duct tape flowers – you can make these in all different colors.
What is your favorite duct tape project?