Fall is finally here and my girls are super excited about all the fun Halloween activities we have planned for the month! Now that my youngest wants to do “school” activities with her big sister during homeschool I have decided to create some fun Felt Seasonal Activities that are great learning tools and perfect for when doing lessons with older siblings.
Everything is about pumpkins, ghosts, and witches this month, so we created a fun Felt Halloween Pumpkin, Ghost, and Witch Activity that the girls would be able to enjoy all month long.
- Orange, Black, White, Green, and Purple Felt
- Craft Scissors
- Pumpkin and Ghost Template
- Large Bag (to store pieces)
My girls absolutely loved this Halloween activity and it has been a life saver these past few weeks during homeschooling lessons with my oldest. My youngest completely gets drawn into the activity and really has gotten into making different faces with each of the felt pieces.
Creating your pieces:
- Jack-o-lantern and Ghost- Using your templates draw your pumpkin on the orange felt piece, then your ghost on the white felt piece. Cut out using craft scissors, this will make it a lot easier than using regular scissors.
- Witch – Cut out a triangle on your purple felt piece for the hat and a circle with your green felt piece for the face.
- Face pieces – Using the black felt piece cut out many different shapes such as circles, triangles, zig zags for teeth, ovals, and any other shape you can really think of. The sillier the more fun they will have.
To keep all the pieces separated and from falling all over the place we used a metal tray for our felt activity. My youngest had so much fun creating different faces and expressions on her Halloween felt activity. I think her favorite one has to be the witch, especially after watching Hocus Pocus about twenty times in the past few weeks. She has been asking me every day if she can do her Halloween silly faces.
The best thing about activities like this is that you can easily store them in a large zip bag and take along with you to keep you little one busy or it easily becomes a simple Halloween Busy Bag!
What’s you favorite Halloween Activity to do with your kiddos?