Egg Carton Flowers

Posted on May 1 2013 - 5:00am by Ashley

Egg Carton Flowers

If you are anything like me, you hold on to all sorts of recyclables just in case you want to make something out of them….someday. Because of this I had a huge stack of cardboard egg cartons; more then my current storage container would hold. So what better to make for spring then Egg Carton Flowers!

You have to start by cutting up your egg cartons. You can round the little cups off or make them look more like petals; we did a little of both.

Egg Carton Flowers Pic 1         Egg Carton Flowers Pic 2

And don’t throw away the top of the egg carton; it works well as a paint palette!

Egg Carton Flowers Pic 3

Start by painting the cups a variety of colors. Some of ours had different colored insides and some ended up striped like tulips!

Egg Carton Flowers Pic 4Egg Carton Flowers Pic 5

Egg Carton Flowers Pic 6

Once they are dry you need to gather a couple more supplies, cupcake papers, green pipe cleaners and pony beads. Start by making a hole big enough to thread the pipe cleaner through, but not so big that the bead will slide through (I used a nail for this). Thread the pipe cleaner through the egg carton and attach a bead on the inside. If you want an outer row of petals thread a cupcake wrapper on first.

Egg Carton Flowers Pic 6Egg Carton Flowers Pic 7

Once you have them all assembled you can twist the pipe cleaner to make leaves or put them in a vase or pretend they are wedding bouquets like my girls!

Egg Carton Flowers Pic 8Egg Carton Flowers Pic 9

They would also make a lovely gift for little ones to make for their Mom or Grandma! (hint, hint….)

Post end
The following two tabs change content below.
Ashley is classic strong-willed child, she fulfilled her lifelong dream of becoming a veterinarian in 2005 only to realize a new dream had formed, having a family with her husband (another strong-willed child). After much heartache, they were blessed with 2 daughters and a son, who are all proving to be just as spirited as their parents! Though she is still working part-time, she fills her days off with fun activities and lots of learning with her three kids. And this is where her blog Life with Moore Babies comes in; it is where she documents the activities they do and the places they go in hopes that someone might be inspired to do some “fun learning” with their kids.

Latest posts by Ashley (see all)

32 Comments so far. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Erin@TheUsualMayhem May 1, 2013 at 6:47 am - Reply

I love the idea of using the leftover lid as the palette!

Your kids looks so proud of themselves. Lovely photos!

• Ashley May 1, 2013 at 11:04 am - Reply

Thanks Erin! Almost didn't post it since you had something similar, but we had already made them and they are cute. :)

2. proverbialhomemaker May 1, 2013 at 9:26 pm - Reply

So cute! We did a similar project this year using leftover easter egg dye. They weren't as vibrant as these, but still fun and pretty!

• Ashley May 3, 2013 at 8:00 am - Reply

Sounds interesting. I have never used easter egg dye for anything but eggs! I may have to think about that!

3. Ana May 3, 2013 at 6:21 am - Reply

Very sweet idea!

• Ashley May 3, 2013 at 10:27 am - Reply

Thank you Ana!

4. melindababiak May 3, 2013 at 9:02 am - Reply

I have one of these from 3 years ago, it's all faded but still pretty! would love if you linked up this to our #kidsinthekitchen linky this week http://lookwhatmomfound.com/2013/05/chicken-and-r

• Ashley May 3, 2013 at 10:26 am - Reply

Thanks Melinda! I will try to stop by!

5. thejennyevolution May 3, 2013 at 12:42 pm - Reply

Visiting from TGIF Friday. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

6. Beth S May 3, 2013 at 6:36 pm - Reply

A new twist on homemade flowers!

• LifeMooreBabies May 4, 2013 at 6:00 am - Reply

Hopefully some Mom's will get some this Mother's Day! I know it always means a lot to me when my kids make me something!

7. Sara Phillips May 3, 2013 at 7:53 pm - Reply

I love 'em!! They are so cute!

8. Shannah May 8, 2013 at 1:35 pm - Reply

These are so cute. What a fun kid craft. Thanks for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party!

• LifeMooreBabies May 8, 2013 at 3:40 pm - Reply

Thanks for hosting and visiting! Hope you try them!

9. thejennyevolution May 8, 2013 at 1:43 pm - Reply

Thanks for linking up with Monday Kid Corner on The Jenny Evolution. I hope you're getting messy with the kids and having fun.

Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

10. Julie May 9, 2013 at 10:43 am - Reply

I'm loving the flowers made with muffin cups. What a lovely bouquet.

• LifeMooreBabies May 13, 2013 at 3:46 am - Reply

I thought it would give them a little more variety to work with! Thanks for visiting!

11. nicole May 9, 2013 at 1:57 pm - Reply

I love this idea! Very creative! I am new from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Have a great day,Nicole

12. Sugar Aunts May 10, 2013 at 11:34 am - Reply

This is perfect! We are featuring your post tomorrow on Share It Saturday. Hope to see your links again :)
    Colleen at http://www.sugaraunts.com

13. Sugar Aunts May 10, 2013 at 11:34 am - Reply

Colleen at http://www.sugaraunts.com

14. grok78 May 11, 2013 at 6:22 pm - Reply

Such a beautiful and fun craft for the kiddos! Thanks for linking up with Stress-Free Sunday last weekend. I'm off to pin this activity now!

15. Marie May 13, 2013 at 7:53 am - Reply

Oh wow, these are great. Such a fun idea for a kids craft! I'll be pinning this right now. :) Thanks for sharing at Crafty Tuesday.

16. Hannah May 14, 2013 at 1:46 pm - Reply

Very creative! Thanks for sharing with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday! Hope to see you there again today! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2013/05/

17. pinkoddy May 15, 2013 at 3:06 am - Reply

I love making flowers – and like how you've used the cake cases too.
    Hope you had a lovely Mothers Day
    Thank you for sharing on the Spring Carnival

18. Adorned From Above May 15, 2013 at 5:40 am - Reply

cute project. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Blog Hop. This weeks blog hop is live. We hope to see you there this week also.
    Debi and Charly http://www.adornedfromabove.com

19. Carrie May 17, 2013 at 11:28 am - Reply

So fun and pretty! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

Leave A Response